The November 2014 Ipsy bag was all about glitter. I was excited about this, as I love a little sparkle! The cosmetic bag is sparkly silver with a hot pink zipper. This has to be my favorite bag yet. I immediately filled it up with my essentials, and tossed it in my purse. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this month’s makeup goodies. Here is what was inside:
1. Temptu Highlighter in Pink Pearl. With the holidays coming up, an iridescent highlighter is definitely a must-have. This is subtle, but with the prettiest glow. I’m excited to try this on my next night out – and fortunately for this busy mommy, I have a lot of them coming up!
2. Elizabeth Mott You’re So Fine Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. I love love love liquid eyeliners. And it is difficult to find a good one. This eyeliner isn’t just your ordinary black. As I tested it out on the back of my hand, what did I see? That’s right, sparkles! It is a black glitter eyeliner! Love. I just hope the formula is smooth and also has staying power. Another fun item for my holiday season parties – score! Although to be honest, I almost want to wear it tomorrow during the day… Just because I can’t wait.
3. Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive. This is a cream shadow that can also be used as a shadow base. I was actually thinking about cream shadows yesterday, as I have never actually tried one, and had been wanting to. Clearly my mind was read. This is a really pretty golden fawn hue with a subtle hint of glimmer. Another product that I can’t wait to try.
4. Oil Of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray. I can always use a travel size hairspray. I don’t use hairspray very often, so small bottles are all I need. Plus, they don’t seem to clog like many of the full-size bottles do. I will definitely try it out the next time I attempt a voluminous or curled style.
5. J. Cats Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion. This is the only item that I’m unsure about. The formula seems really liquidy (aka messy), and it is way to dark for me. It might look too vampy against my skin tone.
My daughters love to open the monthly beauty bag with me. They are already makeup obsessed – They just think it’s fun, like playing dress up. When my older daughter heard me say that I didn’t think I wanted the lip paint, of course she asked if she could have it. Um, no. I think we’ll stick with my beloved Lip Smackers for the girls!