The December Ipsy Glam Bag was pretty good. This month’s cosmetic bag was a black satin bag with a deep cranberry lining. The cutest part was the cranberry-colored heart on the zipper pull. I liked that the shape was different than in other months, and is just right for holding makeup brushes during travel. The bag itself did seem a little cheaper and flimsier than usual. Now, onto the goodies inside…
1. Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream. This eye cream contains avocado and argan. Supposedly, it restores, protects and hydrates. I always like trying new anti-anging skin care products, so I will definitely try this one out. I may save this one for travel.
2. Bumble And Bumble Repair Blow Dry. This is a serum that repairs hair as you blow dry. Hmmm – worth a try. I can usually tell after a single use whether I like a hair care product or not. I just hope it doesn’t make my hair feel greasy or straw-like. I’ll have to try it out and see. Maybe on a day where I don’t really have to go anywhere… Just in case!
3. NYX Butter Lip Balm in Parfait. This is a tinted lip balm, which is great for when you don’t feel like wearing full-on lipstick. The color seems pretty, but a bit bright for everyday. It smells slightly fruity, though – yum. Maybe I’ll save it for a night out.
Update: After trying it, it doesn’t seem smooth and hydrating like your typical lip balm. It is a bit drying, although it should be fine if a moisturizing balm goes on underneath, or a gloss goes over. I’ll have to experiment.
4. Cailyn Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid. I love loose powder eye shadows. They seem to have great staying power, and the slight shimmer is so pretty. This shade is a nice neutral. This seems like a good one. I do prefer brush applicators, though, and this one has a sponge – which might make it difficult to get a smooth and even application.
5. Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara. I have about a gazillion mascara samples right now. Mascara seems to be the “it” product of the moment. Not that I’m complaining. I will try this out when I run out of my current tube. The brush seems decent… not to skinny, not too full. Plus, the purple and gold tube is pretty.
Overall, I am decently happy with this month’s bag. It is rare that a bag contains five products that I actually want to try. The are usually at least one or two duds – So I’m excited about this month’s beauty treats. I know that some other people did receive an eye makeup brush in their December bag. I will say that I wish I received one, too. Maybe it will show up in a future month.