Since the March box will be arriving any day now, I figured I’d better get on with discussing what came in February! I usually get very excited about February beauty boxes, as no-doubt, they are related to romance and to the color pink… Two things I love. The box itself was even prettified this month, as you can see below.
Here’s What was inside:
1. Julep Color Treat in Heartleigh. This clear polish has glimmering and iridescent flecks of white and pale pink, plus sprinkles of mini red hearts. This lacquer can be worn alone or to top off another base color. Heartleigh is a limited edition shade and is 100% vegan… and is gluten-free (I wasn’t really putting nail polish in the same category as bread, but gluten-free, okay). This glittery lacquer isn’t exactly for me, but my girls will love using it. With sparkles and hearts on their nails, they will be the envy of the preschool playground!
2. Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner. This is a shampoo replacement that claims to cleanse without stripping your hair of its natural oils. It’s also safe for color-treated hair, and is free of sulfates and parabens. While this is probably not the best option for my super fine strands, I am excited to try this on my daughter’s thick, unruly hair. I’m hoping to see some smoothing results, since her hair tends to dry out easily. Formula aside, the black and white design on the bottle is pretty chic.
3. Rituals Cosmetics Foaming Shower Gel Sensation in Yogi Flow. This yummy-smelling body cleanser transforms into a fluffy foam as soon as it hits water. This could certainly add some fun time to shower time! I’m anxious to try it.
4. Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara. Fairy Lashes is the best name ever for a mascara! I certainly want fairy lashes. Who doesn’t, after all? I haven’t used a curling mascara since the introduction of the Wonder Curl Mascara way back when. How many of you beauty connoisseurs remember that magical blue tube of curling wonder? I’m really excited to try this mascara formula. I have short, straight lashes, so I can use all the curling help I can get. The brush itself looks decent enough. It’s not super full, but not one of those really really skinny ones, which are not my favorite. Here’s hoping that this tube will bring fairy magic to my lashes!
5. Royal Apothic Tinties Lip Butter in Pink. This is the cutest little jar for a lip product that I have seen. It is like jewelry for your vanity. The pretty pink flushed color inside is a very nice just-kissed tint. Even the little box it comes in is adorable. This is my favorite item in this month’s beauty box.